Loaded with a homemade blend of spices, corn, beans and chicken, these slow cooker burrito bowls are so easy to make and perfectly filling and flavorful.
These Slow Cooker Chicken Burrito Bowls are easy peasy to make. Just add everything to a Slow Cooker, and in a few hours dinner is done!
I’ve been looking for ways to jazz up my Taco Night.
So I decided to try something new by adding Chicken, Salsa, Black Beans, Corn, Onions and my homemade Taco Seasoning to a Slow Cooker.
I did this a few times, testing it once on high for 4 hours and once on low for 8 hours (both worked perfectly).
At the very end just shred up the Chicken with a fork and mix everything together with a large spoon.
I made some Cilantro Lime Rice to put on the side
Then topped the bowl with:
But really you could add any of your favorite Taco toppings to this.
Slow Cooker Burrito BowlsSara Hadro
- 1½ lb Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 16 oz jar of Medium Salsa
- 10 oz bag of frozen Corn Kernels
- 15 oz can of Black Beans drained and rinsed
- ½ Sweet Onion chopped
- Click the link above make one batch and use it all
- 4 cups of cooked Rice click the link in the post for cilantro rice
- Lime Juice
- Add Chicken, Salsa, Corn, Beans, and Onion to Slow Cooker.
- Combine Chili Powder, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Oregano, Cumin, Salt, and Pepper to a small bowl and mix well.
- Sprinkle seasoning over the ingredients in the Slow Cooker.
- Cover and cook on Low for 8 hours or High for 4 hours.
- Shred cooked Chicken and mix well.
- Add to bowls of Rice and top with your favorite toppings.
Florida based food blogger specializing in gluten-free recipes. I'm a total foodie and love to share my delicious recipes! For more, please visit: http://tastefulventure.com