Juicy and flavorful, this slow cooker teriyaki chicken is so easy to throw into your crockpot and even easier to enjoy hours later.
Slow cooker meals have been a huge favourite of mine for a few years now.
I have made so many different recipes now and it is really hard for me to choose which ones are my favourites. Probably my butter chicken, beef ribs, honey chicken, osso bucco and lamb shanks would be at the top of the list.
I really cannot narrow it down to just one favourite!
Anyway, I am now adding a 6th recipe to my faves list, my slow cooker chicken teriyaki.
This is super tasty and everyone (including the kids) loved it. I made a few key changes from the original popular recipe to make it healthier and gluten free.
Best of all, it is really easy to make. Probably one of the easier slow cooker recipes that you can make.
If you make this recipe, I would love for you to share on social media. Make sure you tag #becomingness.
- Author: Vanessa Vickery
- Yield: 4 -6 servings 1x
- Category: Main
- 1 kg chicken breast
- 1/2 cup raw/organic honey
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup organic rice wine vinegar
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 tablespoon oregano or 1 drop oregano essential oil
- 1 tablespoon tapioca flour
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- Toppings – sesame seeds and shallots/green onions
- Whisk together the honey, coconut aminos, rice wine vinegar, garlic and oregano in a small bowl. Add the chicken breast to the slow cooker in a single layer and pour the teriyaki mixture over the top.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until the chicken is cooked through and easily comes apart. Then, remove the chicken with a slotted spoon and shred with two forks in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the tapioca flour and water until it forms a paste. Remove the liquid from the slow cooker and place in a small saucepan on medium heat with the paste. Boil for a few minutes until it thickens up.
- Pour the sauce over the shredded chicken and serve with your favourite sides.
Ness is a qualified nutritionist, a life & wellness coach in-training, and a mother of two extremely energetic toddlers. She has created Becomingness, a health and wellness website, to help women achieve their health and wellness goals by providing accurate, accessible and attractive products and services that promote motivation, empowerment, self-belief and happiness.