PARTNER POST: May 26 is National Pinot Grigio Day. We’re celebrating with Cavit Wines by sharing refreshing spring and summer recipes that pair perfectly with Pinot Grigio.
In just 30 minutes, you could be enjoying this Greek-style pasta salad loaded with feta and tofu. Serve as a cool dish at your next summer party with a bottle of Pinot Grigio.
With the long Memorial Day weekend approaching and cookout season kicking off in just a few short days, let’s celebrate warmer weather with a quick and lighter meal—no ovens, minimal dishes, and chilled drinks in hand. Sound good?
We’ve been receiving a lot of positive feedback on our recent tofu feta cheese recipe, which is making us super happy. Aaron and I keep a batch of it on hand most weeks to toss into salads and wraps, and lately we’ve been loving it in vegetable-heavy Greek Pasta Salad too. If you’ve been looking for a way to use your tofu feta or searching for something easy to bring to your next get-together, this is the recipe for you! Aside from cooking some gluten-free brown rice pasta (or whatever pasta you like), all that’s required is chopping a few vegetables, whisking together a simple dressing, and tossing it all together in a big bowl. It’s bright, colorful, and the tofu feta and chickpeas make it higher in protein and a lot more filling than more traditional pasta salads.
This recipe makes a big batch, and Aaron and I have been making the leftovers more fun by pairing them with a chilled glass of white wine. We like the Pinot Grigio from Cavit because it’s light and citrusy, with a subtle green apple flavor that’s really refreshing on warmer days. If you’re a Pinot Grigio fan, you’ll be pleased to know that the first National Pinot Grigio Day is happening this Friday, May 26th, just in time for the long weekend. We think it’s the perfect way to kick off the season of cookouts, beach days, and more produce-heavy meals. Gah, I am so excited for summer!
- 2 cups uncooked brown rice fusilli pasta
- 1½ cups cooked chickpeas
- 1 can (14 ounces) artichoke hearts in water, drained and quartered
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ English cucumber, chopped
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1 batch prepared tofu feta cheese
- ½ cup sliced black olives
- ¼ cup fresh oregano leaves
- sea salt & black pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Make the pasta: Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Prepare the pasta according to the package instructions, cooking until al dente. Drain and rinse the pasta under cold water.
- Make the dressing: While the pasta cooks, in a small bowl whisk together the dressing ingredients. Taste and add more salt if necessary. Set aside.
- Assemble the salad: In a large bowl, combine the chickpeas, artichoke hearts, bell peppers, cucumber, onion, tomatoes, tofu feta, olives, fresh oregano, and pasta. Pour the dressing on top and toss to evenly coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve at room temperature or chilled.