PARTNER POST: May 26 is National Pinot Grigio Day. We’re celebrating with Cavit Wines by sharing refreshing spring and summer recipes that pair perfectly with Pinot Grigio.
Simple to make, yet so delicious, lemon garlic salmon is the perfect recipe for impromptu dinner guests or last minute meals. Pair it with a cool glass of Cavit Pinot Grigio for perfection.
Did you know that Friday May 26th is National Pinot Grigio Day? This is one food/drink holiday that I can completely stand behind. With the summer months upon us, I crave a nice chilled glass of dry wine more than anything.
Cavit first introduced Pinot Grigio into the United States back in 1977. With a balanced character, bright straw gold color, appealing aroma and fruit flavor, it pairs beautifully with cheese, chicken or turkey, and seafood. It also is the perfect companion to sorbet and key lime pie.
After an unexpected visit from my friends, quickly turned into dinner and wine, I scrambled to come up with a simple, fresh dish to serve everyone. Thankfully, I had a bottle of Cavit being chilled and a slab of fresh salmon in the fridge. Within 30 minutes we were enjoying the sunset on the back deck, eating a delicious meal, and drinking fabulous wine. It’s really simple nights like these that make for lasting memories and solid friendships.
National Pinot Grigio Day: Seared Lemon Garlic SalmonJackie Bruchez
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons butter unsalted
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream or half and half
- 4 6 oz skinless salmon fillets (about 1-inch thick)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley minced
- In a small saucepan melt butter over medium heat.
- Add garlic and saute until lightly golden brown.
- Pour in chicken broth and lemon juice and allow sauce to simmer for about 4 minutes.
- Stir in cream and set sauce aside.
- Season both sides of salmon with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a large heavy non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Once oil is hot, add salmon and cook about 3 minutes on each side.
- Pour cream sauce over salmon and let cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh minced parsley.
Jackie has been blogging for the past 5 year. She loves to eat (obviously), travel, and garden. She has a very creative mind...there will always be 5 recipes that she is working on in the fridge, 57 tabs open on her computer, and notes written on napkins all over the house! It may drive her husband a bit crazy, but it works!