PARTNER POST: May 26 is National Pinot Grigio Day. We’re celebrating with Cavit Wines by sharing refreshing spring and summer recipes that pair perfectly with Pinot Grigio.
Loaded with tarragon and lemon, these chicken salad lettuce wraps are a perfect meal as the weather warms. Pair with a cool glass of Pinot Grigio for easy elegance.
I’m excited for summer and all things crisp, light, and refreshing like these Lemon Tarragon Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps.
Speaking of crisp, light, and refreshing, did you know that May 26th happens to be the first ever National Pinot Grigio Day? It is — and there’s no better pairing for the occasion than these lettuce wraps and Cavit Pinot Grigio.
Cavit Pinot Grigio was launched in the United States in 1977, and is the #1 Italian wine in America. It’s crisp and authentic with a well-balanced character and a beautiful bright gold hue.
The wine has a wonderful aroma and the delicious flavors of citrus and green apple. It’s beyond refreshing!
Cavit Pinot Grigio pairs beautifully with feta and goat cheese, pine nuts, chicken, turkey, and a variety of seafood. It complements light citrus sauces and herbs like cilantro, tarragon, and chives.
It even pairs well with desserts like sorbet and key lime pie to keep the celebration going right into dessert.
I created these Lemon Tarragon Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps with those flavors in mind.
1. The Greek yogurt may be substituted with mayo.
2. The chicken salad may be made in advance and the wraps may be assembled ahead of time. Top with the almonds just before serving to keep them nice and crunchy.
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt (I used 0%)
- Juice of 1 lemon plus 1 tablespoon zest
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 2 cooked rotisserie chicken breasts or leftover chicken, skin removed and shredded (1 – 1.5 lbs. or about 4 cups)
- 2 stalks celery, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 green apple, cored and diced
- ½ cup chopped dried apricots
- 12 lettuce cups (1-2 heads butter lettuce or romaine leaves)
- ½ cup toasted sliced almonds*, for serving
- ¼ cup chopped fresh chives, plus more for garnish
- Place the Greek yogurt, lemon juice, zest, honey, tarragon, and garlic in a small bowl. Whisk until combined and add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Place the chicken, celery, apple, dried apricot, and ¼ cup chives in a medium bowl. Add the desired amount of dressing and toss well to coat, and add more salt and pepper if necessary.
- Place ¼ cup of the chicken salad in each lettuce wrap. Top with sliced almonds and remaining chives. Serve and enjoy!