Grab your waffle iron and a healthy dose of mashed potatoes to easily create crispy potato appetizer bites loaded with whatever you choose. We love the idea of pickled vegetables, cheese, fresh herbs, bacon, or sour cream. The possibilities are endless!
By Ashley Blom
These potato waffles bites are all the rage and a great way to use up leftover mashed potatoes.
Tiny, crispy potato waffles, with melted cheese, sour cream, bacon, and chives. Delicious. The perfect party app.
Next, you have to serve these creative bites with a cool summer cocktail. Find inspiration here.
Loaded Potato Bites
Grab your waffle iron and a healthy dose of mashed potatoes to easily create crispy potato appetizer bites loaded with whatever you choose.
- Author: Ashley Blom
- Category: Appetizer
- 1 cup leftover mashed potatoes (or 1–2 cooked, mashed potatoes with added milk, butter, and salt and pepper)
- 2 tsp smashed garlic
- 1 egg
- 1 handful cheese
- 2 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 3 tbs sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350, and warm up your waffle iron to high.
- In a small dish, mis together the mashed potatoes, garlic, and egg until well combined.
- Drop by the over-flowing spoonful (ideally, a couple tablespoons) into the waffle iron.
- Cook on high until browned on both sides.
- Place on a cookie sheet, sprinkle with cheese and bacon. Bake for 5 minutes, or until cheese is melty.
- Top with sour cream and chives, serve.
Ashley Blom is a New Enlander and haphazard foodie/part-time blogger living in Austin, Texas. Her first book, "How to Eat a Lobster and Other Edible Enigmas Explained" is now available wherever books are sold.
What’s the serving size