PARTNER POST: Get ready for the months ahead with new, quick potato recipes that will inspire your spring and summer cooking in just 30 minutes.
Loaded with a flavorful array of spices and served over jasmine rice, these Indian curry potatoes with spring vegetables are bright and hearty. The perfect dish for a cool spring day.
Not only are potatoes low in calories and in fat, they are packed with vitamin c and an abundance of potassium.
Spice is the variety of life, and there is a plethora of spices that can be used to create incredibly delicious potato dishes.
This flavorful stew recipe is filled with an array of spices that marry together to create the most aromatic and satisfying vegetarian dish. Served over a bed of Jasmine rice, it is both fragrant and delectable. Some of the spices used include turmeric, ginger, bay leaves and cinnamon.
Click the banner below for more delicious potato recipes.
For another unique way to use potatoes, check out these truffles and find the recipe here.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or clarified butter
- ½ yellow onion (Vidalia) thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons peeled fresh ginger finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 serrano chiles, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground curry powder
- Coarsely ground black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- 3 small Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 medium carrots, cut into ½-inch pieces
- ½ pound French style green beans, cut into ½-inch pieces
- ½ cup vegetable stock
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- In a large heavy bottom saucepan, heat the olive oil or butter
- Add the ginger, garlic, curry leaves, chopped chilies, turmeric, one teaspoon of black pepper and the onions.
- Season with salt and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until the onions are softened, about 6 minutes.
- Add the potato cubes, diced carrots, green beans, and vegetable stock, and bring to a boil.
- Add the coconut milk and simmer, partially covered, until the vegetables are tender and the coconut milk is slightly reduced, about 30 minutes.
- Season with salt and black pepper.
- Discard the bay leaves and serve over Jasmine rice