PARTNER POST: Get ready for the months ahead with new potato recipes that will inspire your spring and summer cooking and be on your table in just 30 minutes.
In just 30 minutes, you could be enjoying this nutritious, gluten-free spring fingerling potato salad tossed with pesto, lemon juice, bright spices, sweet tomatoes, artichokes, and fresh mozzarella.
Spring is almost here! To celebrate one of my favorite seasons, I came up with this 30-minute, easy, and nutritious Spring Potato Salad that will be the talk of the meal. It is a true feast for the eyes… and palate!
This potato salad is made with mixed fingerling potatoes tossed with pesto sauce, fresh lemon juice, olive oil, cumin, chili powder, and crushed red pepper. It is served chilled and features complimentary flavors from the sweet tomatoes, artichokes, fresh mozzarella, and basil leaves.
It is quite simple to prepare, requiring no special cooking skills. All one has to do is to boil the potatoes, drain them, and then toss with all the other ingredients. See? Easy peasy!
The result? A colorful, gluten-free dish to brighten your table!
Of course, potatoes are the key ingredient in this dish… a universal and versatile starchy vegetable, full of vitamins and minerals. Needless to say, they pair well with almost anything, right?
Our Spring Potato Salad is refreshing and full of bright flavors, making it the ideal side for barbecued or grilled meats, meatloaf, fish, and roasts. The spices that are in this salad give it an unusual kick and make it one of the tastiest salads that you can imagine.
Click the banner below for more delicious potato recipes.
For another unique way to use potatoes, check out these truffles and find the recipe here.
Quick Spring Potato SaladDenise Browning
- 2 lbs. mixed fingerling potatoes washed and cut into halves
- 1 tablespoon plus ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/3 cup store-bought pesto sauce
- 1 14-ounce can whole artichoke hearts, drained (about 8-10 artichokes)
- 8 sweet tomatoes or yellow grape tomatoes
- 1/3 cup fresh mozzarella pearls
- 5 fresh basil leaves
- Place potatoes in a large pot. Add enough cold water to cover by 3 inches. Stir in 1 tablespoon salt and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 12-15 minutes. Drain in a colander and let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk olive oil, lemon juice, ½ teaspoon salt, cumin, and chili powder until homogeneous. Stir in the crushed red pepper and pesto sauce, and mix well. Add potatoes and toss to coat.
- Place tossed potatoes onto a serving platter and arrange artichokes hearts, tomatoes, and mozzarella pearls on top and sides. Cover and chill in the refrigerator. Right before serving, garnish with basil leaves. Enjoy!
Denise Browning is a native Brazilian foodie, trained Chef, cooking instructor, restaurant menu/recipe developer, and former lawyer. She is also the author of From Brazil To You - a blog that features Brazilian, fusion, and international dish recipes, stories, and photography of Brazil. Her writing has appeared in Cia Brasil Magazine, while her photography is frequently featured on Foodgawker, TasteSpotting, and Foodepix. She lives in Texas with her American husband and two children.