PARTNER POST: Explore new and surprising ways to incorporate potatoes into your favorite recipes.
Use your mashed potatoes in a whole new way. Check out this video recipe to learn how to make creamy, dairy-free chocolate truffles.
Click the banner below for more delicious potato ideas.
- 1/2 cup mashed potatoes we used potatoes from dehydrated flakes, cold
- 1 1/2 cups dairy-free dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 cup Almond milk or other dairy free creamy beverage
- Pinch of sea salt
- Optional flavor additions: chili flakes for spice lemon/orange zest
- Optional toppings: Coconut cocoa powder, chopped nuts, sprinkles, turbinado sugar, matcha powder
- Over a double boiler, melt and combine the chocolate, vanilla, almond milk, and salt.
- Remove from heat and stir in the potatoes. If using any flavorings, add them now.
- Transfer to a plastic wrap-lined sheet pan and refrigerate/freeze until firm and cool to the touch. (should take about 15 minutes)
- Use a tablespoon to scoop and roll into balls. Coat in optional toppings
The Honest Cooking editorial team handpicks inspiring culinary stories to share with you that we think are beautiful. As an international online culinary magazine with the ambition to truly change the face of online food media we hope to create an inspiring place for serious culinary debate, salivating recipes, interesting food news and international food-fun.