Simple comfort food is key some days. Try this easy, spicy pork sausage penne tossed in a simple bolognese-like sauce.
I love this Pork Sausage Penne Bolognese, as a matter of fact, I am adding this to our weekly dinner repertoire because:
1. It’s a bowl of carbs.
2. It is super quick to put together.
3. I can bulk up for the non veggie eater’s lunchbox. That’s the husband in case you were wondering.
4. It is bloody delicious, rather filling and comforting. Yes.
5. You can simply use any types of sausages for this recipe – a spicy sausage is best, as this basically ensures an immediate kick of flavor without having to worry too much about adding spices and such.
I made a simple bolognese sauce with garlic, finely chopped onion and a tin of tomatoes and sneakily added some carrots and chopped spring onions in there too. Don’t forget the grated parmesan on the table when you are dishing up. Enjoy!
Get more comfort food recipes here.
Pork Sausage PenneAninas Recipes
- 15 ml olive oil
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 3 stalks spring onion finely chopped
- 2 carrots peeled and finely chopped
- 400 gr pork sausages any sausage you like
- 1 can peeled and chopped tomatoes
- pinch chili flakes
- pinch ground oregano
- salted water to boil pasta
- 400 gr penne pasta uncooked
- spring onion to serve
- parmesan to serve
- First off in a large saucepan, heat the olive oil and saute the onion, garlic, spring onion and carrot.
- Remove the meats from the sausages and brown the pork meat with the sauteed ingredients.
- Add the tin of tomatoes, spices and allow to simmer for 10min.
- Cook the pasta in salted water until al dente, drain and combine the penne pasta with the pork bolognese.
- Serve with spring onion and parmesan.
Having a dynamic, free and crazy personality, this shows in my cooking. I love sharing whole food recipes, honest food with easy accessible ingredients and mouthwatering photos. I am a recipe developer, food stylist and food photographer and owner of Aninas-recipes.com, my personal food and recipe portal.