Tossed in a creamy, but still vegan cashew sauce, this lemon pepper pasta is surprisingly rich, with lots of garlic.
If you’re on the prowl for a meal that’s nourishing, easy to make, and quick enough to toss together at the end of a busy day (i.e., 30 minutes or less), then this Vegan Creamy Garlic Lemon-Pepper Pasta is about to make your wildest plant-based dreams come true.
Not only does it come together in 30 minutes flat, it requires just 8 ingredients (plus s + p). Better yet, you’re bound to have most, if not all, of the ingredients on hand.
This pasta is ultra-creamy with a captivating zesty, garlicky, and peppery bite. The sauce is made with cauliflower, raw cashews, plant-based milk, oodles of garlic, big pinches of pepper, and a few squeezes of fresh lemon juice.
And it’s out. of. this. world.
Serve this silky pasta to hippy-dippy, tree-hugging vegans or meat lovers with big, bold appetites. It’s a crowd-pleaser that knows no bounds and leaves no appetites unsatiated.
Vegan Lemon Pepper PastaAshley Melillo
- 12 ounces gluten-free linguine or rigatoni
Garlicky Lemon-Pepper Sauce
- 2 1/2 cups small cauliflower florets
- 1 cup unsweetened plain plant-based milk I use almond milk
- 1/4 cup raw cashews*
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 teaspoon sea salt plus more to taste
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper plus more to taste
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic minced
For the Pasta
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add the pasta and cook until al dente.
- Drain, reserving 1 cup of the pasta water, and transfer the cooked pasta to a large bowl.
For the Garlicky Lemon-Pepper Sauce
- Click the link above for the instructions.
Ashley Melillo is the creator of Blissful Basil, a blog dedicated to unearthing the happiest side of life through wholesome, plant-based foods. Being a school psychologist and food blogger, Ashley incorporates a wide array of health-enhancing ingredients into her recipes with the hope of guiding others on their path towards improved well-being.