With a brownie on the bottom, a rich chocolate ganache on the top and a gooey, minty center, these brownies are true peppermint patty perfection.
Just a quick note about these peppermint patty brownies… They are a bit smooshy looking because I was handling and stacking them a wee bit too much! Between the delivery driver and my dogs begging to go outside only to come back in. Seriously, would someone just give me 5 minutes! That’s the one thing I wonder when watching those perfectly timed videos on the one burner appliance. Where are the kids harassing you for snacks? Real life cooking with interruptions and trying to take photos after is much different. I’m pretty sure 90% of my photos are super close to having a dog face in them! Oh well, my dogs are cute.
The middle is creamy-white minty perfection. And of course there is a nice chocolate ganache on top.
These peppermint patty brownies will go perfectly with your St. Patty’s Day celebrations.
Gooey Peppermint Patty BrowniesAngie Wright
- Your favorite brownie recipe
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1½ tbsp butter softened
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp heavy cream
- ¼ tsp pure peppermint extract
for the Ganache
- ¾ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup plus 2 tbsp heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees and line an 8 inch baking pan with foil or parchment. Coat it lightly with cooking spray.
- Prepare the brownie mix and bake as directed. Cool completely.
- To make the mint layer, combine the powdered sugar, butter, milk, cream and extract in a bowl. Stir slowly until the powdered sugar is incorporated then beat on medium-high until light and fluffy. Spread on top of the cooled brownie and place in the fridge to set.
- To make the ganache, stir the chocolate chips and heavy cream over low heat until the chips are melted. Cool to room temperature then spread evenly over top. Return to the fridge until serving.
It’s no surprise to most that Angie loves cake. In fact, she has labeled most Friday’s around her home Cake Friday. She have three built in taste testers, my husband and two kids. She resides in Northern BC and loves to travel, trying new recipes, and baking. She may not be an expert on everything cake, but she knows a lot and has the extra ten pounds to prove it.