This quick and fuss free chicken curry is for garlic-lovers only, filled with robust garlic flavor.
By Kankana Saxena
- 1 lb chicken, boneless or with bones
- 15 garlic cloves
- 1 inch ginger, grated
- ¼ cup yogurt
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 bay leafs
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 3 green chilies, slit in center
- Grate 10 cloves of garlic and mix it with grated ginger, yogurt, turmeric and salt. Marinate chicken pieces with the mixture and let it rest for at least 5 hours. Keeping it overnight would make it more flavorful.
- Bring a wok or deep pan to medium heat. Add oil, green chili, bay leaves and rest of the garlic (smashed). Once the oil is infused, add onion and sauté until it turns slightly golden. Finally, add the marinated chicken and stir it to mix everything together. Allow it to cook at medium heat for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally in between.
- Taste for salt and add any, if required.
- Garnish with chopped fresh cilantro and serve with steamed rice or Indian flat bread.
Kankana Saxena shares culinary journey, travel stories and passion for photography in her blog 'Playful Cooking'. Her cooking style is mostly nutritional with little bit of indulgence here and there. She believes in the mantra 'homemade is happiness'! She is a native of India but currently resides in Santa Clara, California with her husband.