“Pa Chukar” of Chukar Cherries sends along his Pa Chukar’s Cherry Chicken BBQ recipe. Chukar (named for a local little bird) is a family- owned company headquartered in Prosser, Washington (Yakima valley wine country). Everything is 100% natural, no additives, Kosher certified, using local fruits and from what I can tell you, delicious.
- 2 chicken breasts or thighs
- Cherry Chipotle Grilling Sauce ( online www.chukar.com)
- extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Brush chicken lightly with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill on medium heat for 5 minutes per side.
- Brush Cherry Chipotle Grilling Sauce on each side and cook additional 2 minutes per side or until thoroughly cooked.
- Brush lightly with additional warmed Cherry Chipotle Grilling Sauce and serve.
Michelle was born with a fork in her hand. As a culinary travel writer and confirmed foodophile she delights in the world-wide discovery of new flavor profiles, spices, salts and herbs. Based in one of the world's foodie meccas; Portland, Oregon, not far from "Pinot Noir Heaven" Michelle shares culinary travel and chef's recipes. Her photography has appeared in Saveur Magazine and she has contributed culinary travel articles to Forbes online, WSJ online, Business Insider, Condé Nast Digital Media, Islands magazine and many others. A confirmed globetrotter, she still keeps her bags packed and fork in hand (well . . . except through airport security.)