These Easy Coconut Date Bites are a great snack to bring you energy and make your day.
Something about them just hit the spot.
Maybe it’s the characteristic sweetness from the dates. Maybe it’s the loads of shredded coconut, or maybe it’s the nuttiness from the almonds and walnuts. Or maybe it’s the chewy texture that brings these little bites together. Or maybe it’s all of the above.
Yes, it’s definitely all of the above.
You can also fold in mini chocolate chips (YES) and peanut butter (YES YES) and roll them in more coconut (YES YES YES). The sky is the limit with these morsels of goodness.
And what makes these them extra special is they’re one of many delicious snacks in my DASH diet cookbook! All of the recipes in the cookbook are deeeelish, and they are also packed with the good stuff (aka nutrition). We’re all looking for a little bit more of that, aren’t we? (Without sacrificing flavor, of course.)
Grab the 4 ingredients, whirl ’em together and get rolling!
- 12 pitted Medjool dates
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ cup chopped walnuts or almonds
- 1 ½ Tbsp. melted coconut oil
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor and pulse until the mixture becomes a paste.
- Form 2-inch bites, place in an airtight container, and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
*Try a variety of mix-ins, like oats, peanut butter, mini dark chocolate chips or raisins.