As a fun appetizer or side, these veggie-filled savory crêpes are made with dairy free milk and filled with a dairy free cheese.
Disclosure: We were not compensated for this post, but we did receive free Daiya product in order to create this recipe.
Tis the season of comfort food and even if you’re dairy free, you shouldn’t have to miss out. Daiya, a leading maker of plant-based alternatives to the comfort foods we’ve all grown to love. Comfort foods like cheesy crêpes. Fill your crêpes with your favorite seasonal vegetables and let that gooey, dairy free cheese bring things together in a delicious way.
Dairy Free Savory Crêpes
Crêpe recipe adapted from King Arthur Flour. Because there is no dairy in the crêpe batter, they will come out a little lighter in color than dairy crêpes.
- Yield: 6 Crêpes 1x
- Category: Appetizer, Side
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cups dairy free milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons oil or margarine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup chopped rainbow chard
- 1 cup Daiya Mozzarella Cutting Board Shreds
- Consider using broccoli rabe, kale, mushrooms, onions, garlic, or whatever is in in season as your filling
- Combine the dry ingredeints of the crêpe batter in a medium bowl. Combine the wet ingredients in a small bowl. Whisk the wet into dry and allow the batter to sit in the fridge for 2 hours or overnight.
- Heat a nonstick pan over medium heat. (We used a 6″ nonstick skillet)
- Pour about 1/2 cup of batter into the pan and swirl the pan around so the batter covers the entire bottom. Let cook for about 2 to 3 minutes before flipping.
- Once all of the batter is cooked, heat olive oil in another pan. Add rainbow chard, salt and any other desired fillings and cook until done.
- In a microwave-safe dish, melt the Daiya shreds for about 30 seconds (this varies for every microwave). Remove from microwave and stir until smooth.
- Heat your nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Fill each crepe with the vegetable filling and cheese. Return to pan and fold the crêpe and allow to cook for an additional 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- Enjoy immediately.
The Honest Cooking editorial team handpicks inspiring culinary stories to share with you that we think are beautiful. We strive to create an inspiring place for culinary exploration, salivating recipes, interesting personalities and stories.