Tonight make this creamy pumpkin and carrot soup with kale crisps for dinner.
My creamy pumpkin and carrot soup is so heartwarming and soothing in crazy moments life brings. I love to add a bunch of fresh thyme, my favourite herb, to add freshness and earthy flavors.
There is a comforting sweet and nutty taste from both butternut pumpkin (squash) and carrots. This soup is rich in vitamins and minerals and it give a boost to your immune system, which we all need after the holidays. I like to serve with with roasted pumpkin seeds and drizzled with pumpkin oil (a Slovenian tradition).
Since I have been making a lot of Cheesy Kale Chips lately, I tried to serve it with the soup and are a perfect fit!
- 2 medium size red onions
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- pinch + 2 tsp sea salt
- 750 g butternut pumpkin 1 medium size
- 250 g carrots 3 large
- 1,5 l water
- a bunch of fresh parsley
- a bunch of fresh thyme
- Peel and finely chop the onions and garlic. Heat the olive oil in a big pot and sauté the onions, sprinkled with a pinch of salt to help soften. After a few minutes add the garlic.
- While sautéing the onions, peel the pumpkin, remove seeds and cut into 1 cm big cubes. Peel the carrots and cut the same as pumpkin.
- Add the veggies into the pot, add water, salt and chopped herbs (parsley and thyme). Bring to boil and cook on medium heat for 30 minutes (or until the veggies soften). Blend the soup in blender of food processor (or use hand held one). And more salt if needed.
- Serve with roasted pumpkin seeds, pumpkin oil and kale chips.
Two vegan sisters with a passion for food and photography.