Crab Rangoon Dip with Crispy Wonton Chips is the dip recipe I whip out when I’m feeling a craving for crab rangoon and actually feel like sharing with others. The creamy, crab-packed dip makes for an easy dish to serve guests or bring to a potluck.
Oh lordy, I am losing my mind over it. Crab rangoon is one of my all-time favorite things to order when I’m getting Chinese food. I am pretty sure this stems from an early and consistent introduction to them as a child by my parents. They are both obsessed with the things and passed that obsession straight down to me.
What’s not to love though? Fried, creamy, and full of luscious crab.
Instead of trying to make individual crab-filled wontons – let’s face it, my passion wears thin sometimes and I just want to CRAB – I flipped it inside-out to create this epic dip. It’s warm, gooey and tastes like the best crab rangoon you’ve ever eaten, all piled high on a crispy baked won ton chip.
I’ll give you a moment to pick your jaws up off the floor…
I might have had a few nights of hoarding this dip to myself as I binged on Netflix, glass of Chardonnay in hand… Why yes, I think I will watch How I Met Your Mother for the zillionth time while overindulging in cheesy, crab goodness. And no, I will NOT be judged for it. Mmkay thanks bye.
- 1 package won ton wrappers, cut into triangles (2 per sheet)
- 12 oz lump crabmeat, drained and shredded
- 8 oz cream cheese
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 1½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1½ tsp Sriracha
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Sliced green onions, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add the cut won ton wrappers to a baking sheet and spray with cooking spray. Bake for 5 to 7 minutes, until golden brown and crispy. Set aside.
- Combine the shredded crabmeat, cream cheese, sour cream, 1 cup shredded mozzarella, Worcestershire, soy sauce, lemon juice, Sriracha, garlic, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Stir to combine and add to a casserole dish.
- Top with the remaining mozzarella cheese and bake for 25 minutes, until the top begins to brown and the dip is bubbly. Garnish with green onion and serve warm with the won ton chips.