This is impressive. A gluten-free, refined sugar-free, and dairy-free dip that is flavorful and is great as an appetizer. Why not give it a try?
I have been wanting to create a Roast Beetroot, Onion + Macadamia Dip for quite some time now. I am a fan of having crackers and dip (with a glass of white wine) on a Friday or Saturday afternoon (sometimes both), but am sick of finding dips that are packed full of preservatives and additives.
So, it was time to create my own. I already have a Guacamole (that you can check out here) and I will be sharing my hummus dip recipe soon.
- 3 - 4 beetroots (approximately 450 - 500 grams)
- 1 onion, peeled and rougly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- ½ cup macadamias
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 teaspoon dried cumin
- Pinch of sea salt
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees.
- Place beetroots on baking tray and cover with foil. Cook for 40 minutes. Next, add the onion and garlic to the baking tray, cover with the foil and cook for a further 10 minutes. Finally, add the macadamias to the baking tray , cover with the foil and cook for 10 more minutes.
- Remove the baking tray from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Peel the skin off the beetroots (you may want to wear latex gloves for this part) and add to a food processor (or a blender or thermomix) with the onion, garlic, macadamias, lemon juice, tahini, cumin and sea salt and process until your reach your desired consistency.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve with your favourite crackers.
- Note: These go well with my Rosemary + Sesame Seed Crackers or even my Paleo Crackers