Baked Feta and Fire Roasted Tomato Shrimp has all the flavor of a restaurant quality dish without the added expense of dining out.
By Amy Casey
Looking for a quick dinner that tastes just like one you would get at your favorite seafood restaurant? Baked Feta and Fire Roasted Tomato Shrimp has all the flavor of a restaurant quality dish without the added expense of dining out. When making a delicious entree is so simple, it was just as easy to eat at home. With wild shrimp readily available in many local markets and a couple pantry and refrigerator ingredients, your dinner will be on the table in less than 30 minutes.
Baked Feta and Fire Roasted Tomato Shrimp is loaded with garlic panko crumbs, fire roasted tomatoes, jumbo shrimp and salty feta cheese. With a loaf of crusty bread and a salad of mixed greens with balsamic vinaigrette, dinner is complete. If you are pressed for time around dinner, the entree can be made in advance. Assemble the dish to the point of just before roasting and store covered in the refrigerator for up to 6 hours. Add about 5 – 10 minutes of extra minutes to the roasting time when putting the entree directly from the refrigerator to the oven.
Enjoy dinner at home tonight. Your wallet will thank you.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus extra for baking dish
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup panko
- 1½ pounds shrimp, 21 - 25 per pound, peeled and deveined
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 (15-ounce) can fire roasted tomatoes, drained
- ½ cup feta, crumbled
- 10 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat add butter and olive oil. When butter begins to just bubble, remove the pan from the heat and add the garlic. Let sit for 3 - 5 minutes. Add the panko and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Brush a 9-inch baking dish with a little olive oil. Add the shrimp and sprinkle with the salt and pepper. Top with the tomatoes, the garlic panko, and sprinkle the feta. Bake for 12 minutes or until the shrimp are just cooked through. Remove from oven and top with the basil.