Milica Cvetkovic serves prebranac, a classic serbian home cooked dish.
By Milica Cvetkovic
Prebranac or baked beans is my favorite home dish. You can prepare it with any bean you like but best tasting prebranac will be with red or white bean. Prebranac with white bean is more common in Serbia, so if you want original pleasure you should prepare it that way. This meal takes some time to cook so be patient and I promisee – you will enjoy every bite.
- 1 pound (500g) beans
- 5 onions
- 5-6 tsp ground pepper
- 5-6 cloves of garlic
- about 1 cup (250ml) sunflower oil
- ground chilly pepper, as you like
- First, cook beans in lot of water until boiling.
- When boiled change the water and cook again until almost done or enough soft so you can eat it without any problem.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees C and prepare clay dish for baking.
- Put cooked beans into the clay dish, cover with chopped onions and garlic, season, pour the oil in and bake covered for at least 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Serve extra hot!
Grown up in a foodie family, learned to enjoy and feel everything she eats, Milica decided to learn more about food and food cultures all over the world. 2 years ago she started writing her own blog Mila's Cookbook, which has expanded her culinary perspectives and experiences vastly.