This velvety roasted cauliflower soup has a beautiful flavor without needing any dairy and is topped with crispy bacon and bright pesto.
I’m in full SOUP mode! Using my bone broths, veggies, and the blender makes me a happy woman. This creamy roasted cauliflower soup has a deep, nutty flavor (hayyyy roasted cauliflower!!), with a creamy consistency and all the bone broth healing powers!
As a bonus, I’m throwing in some collagen powder (can’t stop, won’t stop) and topping it off with a dollop of pesto and crispy bacon bits. These flavors come together like a winter miracle snow globe in your mouth.
Yes, I’m that confident – you will love this!
P.S. Although I do use a bit of coconut cream in this, you will not taste the coconut. I commonly get asked about that, but in small doses and when mixed with other ingredients, it’s really just used for the texture instead of dairy cream.
- 1 medium head of cauliflower
- 1 tsp coconut oil, melted
- 4 slices bacon (nitrate-free, sugar-free)
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 4 cups bone broth (homemade or bought)
- 3 Tbsp coconut cream (canned)
- 6 scoops collagen peptides powder (I use Vital Proteins)
- pinch of sea salt
- 2 Tbsp dairy-free pesto (link too recipe is above this box)
- Pre-heat oven to 400f degrees. Cut the head of cauliflower into small florets, toss in coconut oil, and spread evenly on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Roast for 30 minutes, tossing half-way in between. Remove and set aside and turn the oven off.
- On the stovetop, in a bottom-heavy pan or dutch oven, add the bacon slices. Cook over medium heat until fat is rendered and bacon is crispy. Set bacon aside on a paper towel-lined plate.
- In the bacon grease, add chopped onion and sprinkle with sea salt. Stir with a wooden spoon for 3-5 minutes until translucent.
- Next, add the roasted cauliflower florets and stir around to get coated in the grease and onions. Add bone broth over top and turn the heat high to bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce the heat to low and cover the pot. Let soup simmer for 15 minutes or so. The cauliflower should be very soft.
- Once done, turn the heat off. Transfer to a high-speed blender and add coconut cream, collagen, and another pinch of sea salt to taste. Blend on high for 30 seconds or so until everything is creamy and well combined.
- Serve into bowls, top each bowl with a drizzle of pesto (approx. ½ Tbsp or more per bowl). Each of the 4 bowls gets crushed bacon over top! For non-AIP version, add pepitas or any other seeds you like. Serve hot, store leftovers in a mason jar in the fridge.