Turkey burgers and a wedge Salad. Simple food. Easy to make. Easy to eat. And it is wonderful.
By Deena Wachtel
This meal is kid-friendly, easy to serve nicely for my husband, but even easier to break down into food that the kids can eat neatly.
- 1 pound of freshly ground turkey
- salt / pepper1 clover of garlic, grated
- ½ brown onion, diced
- a dash of Worcester Sauce
- salt / pepper
- Dice ½ on onion and saute until very soft in a skillet
- When cooked, add to raw turkey meat along with all of the spices & Worcester Sauce
- Shape into 4 patties ... the thicker the better
- In an oven-safe pan, heat up a bit of oil and pan fry each side until nice and golden brown - about 4-5 minutes per side
- Once both sides are nicely browned, transfer the whole frying pan into a 450 degree oven. Cook for 5 more minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 165 degrees.
- Serve on toasted whole wheat bun with honey mustard, avocado, and cucumber.