The savory pancakes called Cheela is quite a popular snack in Rajasthan, India, and is normally made with just chickpea flour as the star ingredient to which grated veggies are added for crunch.
By Sanjeeta Kk
- 1 cup grated raw banana
- ½ cup chickpea flour
- ¼ cup chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp. yogurt/curd
- 2 green chilies
- ¼ tsp Turmeric powder
- ¼ tsp Garam Masala (optional)
- Salt as desired
- Water as required
- Oil for shallow frying
- Peel and grate banana in a bowl filled with 1 tbsp. yogurt/curd. Mix it well, curd will help stop browning of grated banana.
- Add chickpea flour (besan), chopped green chilies, turmeric powder, garam masala, salt and chopped coriander leaves in the above mix. Keep pouring a little water and stir all the ingredients well to make batter of free flowing consistency.
- Heat a griddle or Tawa, pour a ladle of batter and drizzle a teaspoon of oil around it. Cook it for 3-4 minutes on medium heat. Flip the side and repeat the same.
- Serve these healthy savory banana pancakes with tomato sauce or green chutney at Tea time or for a refreshing breakfast.