This spinach soup is quite common in Chinese food stalls or restaurants, and it’s super delicious. Try out the recipe below and see for yourself.
By Shannon Lim
Chinese Spinach Soup
This spinach soup is quite common in Chinese food stalls or restaurants, and it's super delicious. Try out the recipe below and see for yourself.
Author: Shannon Lim
Recipe Type: Main
- 250g Chinese Spinach – ends trimmed, separate stems and leaves
- 1 tablespoon Dry Anchovies – rinsed and pat dry
- 3 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 2 cloves Garlic – peeled & sliced thinly
- 10g of Chicken Fillet – sliced thinly (optional)
- 200ml Water
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil, lightly fry dry anchovies till crispy (about 3 minutes) and set aside.
- Using remaining oil in wok, add garlic slices and chicken fillet, stir fry till garlic is slightly browned. Add spinach stems and stir fry about a minute or so. Then add spinach leaves and stir fry till all the leaves are wilted.
- Add water, bring to a quick boil and simmer for about a minute.
- Serve immediately and top with the fried dry anchovies.
Recipe variations/additional ingredients: – ½ to 1 century egg, yolk portion cut to smaller pieces – If you do not like century eggs, you can substitute with wolfberries instead. Soak 1 tsp of wolfberries in water till they are puffy. – You can add all types of ingredients to jazz up the dish – dried shrimp, dried scallops or mushrooms.