This spinach soup is quite common in Chinese food stalls or restaurants, and it’s super delicious. Try out the recipe below and see for yourself.
By Shannon Lim
- 250g Chinese Spinach – ends trimmed, separate stems and leaves
- 1 tablespoon Dry Anchovies – rinsed and pat dry
- 3 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 2 cloves Garlic – peeled & sliced thinly
- 10g of Chicken Fillet – sliced thinly (optional)
- 200ml Water
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil, lightly fry dry anchovies till crispy (about 3 minutes) and set aside.
- Using remaining oil in wok, add garlic slices and chicken fillet, stir fry till garlic is slightly browned. Add spinach stems and stir fry about a minute or so. Then add spinach leaves and stir fry till all the leaves are wilted.
- Add water, bring to a quick boil and simmer for about a minute.
- Serve immediately and top with the fried dry anchovies.
Shannon's kitchen is her playground and creative outlet, where she loves to experiment with recipes. As a Malaysian, her food influences are mainly Malay, Chinese and Indian cuisine but her curiousity in other culture lead to cross cultural cooking. On her blog JustAsDelish.com, she pursue her mission in creating healthy and delish food.