Hearty sweet potatoes married with fresh green arugula is a wonderful and simple dish that one simply can’t resist.
By Sara Clevering
Sweet Potato Arugula Salad
Hearty sweet potatoes married with fresh green arugula is a wonderful and simple dish that one simply can't resist.
Author: Sara Clevering
Recipe Type: Side
- ¾ cup of oil
- ½ cup of apple cider vinegar
- 2-3 TB of honey
- 2-3 TB of minced garlic
- sea salt and pepper to taste.
- large red onion, cut into thin rings
- large sweet potato, peeled and cut to bite size pieces
- 5oz or so of arugula
- ? cup of feta or parmesan cheese
- olive oil
- ½ to 1 tsp of sage or other savory spice
For the dressing:
- Whisk all the ingredients together and set aside.
For the salad:
- Caramelize the red onion but heating at a low heat in a skillet with 2-3 tsp of olive oil for 30-40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Heat oven to 425 and toss the sweet potatoes in spices and spread on baking sheet. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. The potatoes should be sweet and just slightly crispy. I also like to spread the baking sheet with foil because it makes clean up a lot easier.
- Toss the onions, sweet potatoes, arugula and cheese together.
- Dress it up as you desire!