If you’ve never had homemade Caesar dressing before, you should give it a try… it really couldn’t be easier to make.
By Faith Gorsky
Classic Caesar Salad Dressing
If you’ve never had homemade Caesar dressing before, you should give it a try…it really couldn’t be easier!
Author: Faith Gorsky
Recipe Type: Side
- 2 large cloves garlic, peeled
- 3 anchovy fillets (see note below)
- 1 large egg yolk
- ½ cup (120 ml) extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Pulse the garlic and anchovies together in a food processor.
- Add the egg yolk and process until smooth.
- Drizzle in the olive oil a bit at a time until completely incorporated, then with the motor still running, drizzle in the lemon juice.
- Add the Worcestershire, Dijon, and black pepper, and pulse to combine.
- Taste and add additional salt and pepper as desired.
- Store in a sealed jar in the fridge up to 5 days.
Anchovy Fillets Substitution: You can use ⅓ teaspoon of salt instead, but it won’t have quite the same depth of flavor. Either way, be sure you don’t skip the Worcestershire sauce, which also has anchovy! A New Spin on Caesar Salad: Line a large bowl with 3 large handfuls of mixed salad greens. Add 1-2 crushed store-bought breadsticks, 2 slices of crisped turkey bacon, 2 tablespoons of freshly grated Parmesan cheese, and about 2 tablespoons of homemade Caesar dressing. Serve immediately.