This cauliflower dish can be served hot, warm or at room temperature, making it a nice choice for spring and summer.
By Jill Nammar
A delicious vegetarian/vegan lunch or light supper can be created by serving it with quinoa or rice, crumbled feta or chickpeas and Greek olives. Toasted pine nuts on top are not a bad idea either.
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped into small pieces
- 1 small garlic clove, minced on a microplane zester or in a garlic press
- 1 large lemon, zested
- Handful of fresh herbs of your choice. I used parsley and mint, chopped.
- Good pinch or two of dried oregano
- Sea salt or kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Olive oil for cooking. I used unfiltered, extra virgin.
- Fleur de sel or any kind of flaky sea salt for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375
- In a baking pan, toss the cauliflower in the olive oil, lemon zest and oregano with some salt and pepper. Cook in the oven for 30 minutes. Take the pan out of the oven and toss the cauliflower again. Place it back in the oven for 15 minutes or until it's soft and fully cooked. Take it out again and stir in the minced garlic. Cook for 3-5 more minutes to warm the garlic. Before serving, sprinkle with lemon juice, chopped fresh herbs and fleur de sel or other flaky sea salt. Enjoy!