Invites to backyard barbecues and spring soirees are flowing in. Here’s the appetizer and wine to bring to each of the shindigs you are invited to. This easy whipped beet ricotta dip with a zing of lemon zest is the perfect pair with a cool glass of Meiomi rosé wine.
Perfect for any soiree, like a girls’ weekend or Memorial Day, or even a casual Friday night at home on the patio, this whipped beet ricotta dip is an appetizer you won’t be able to get enough of. It’s easy to throw together, rich, sweet and balanced with a zing of bright lemon zest.
With its gorgeous color, simply serve the appetizer with pita chips or fresh veggies for dipping. And don’t forget a bottle of wine! This whipped beet ricotta dip was introduced to us by Meiomi Wines and is the perfect bite to pair with their berry and stone fruit-forward rosé. A perfectly refreshing duo.
- 1 large red beet (about ½ pound), scrubbed
- 2 cups of ricotta
- Salt to taste
- Lemon zest (for garnish)
- Poppy seeds (for garnish)
- Trim beet top and root, and boil in its skin until cooked through (a fork should slide easily into the center of beet, 20-30 minutes.)
- Let sit until cool enough to handle. Peel beet by wrapping with paper towel and wiping off skin, which will slip off easily.
- Process beet and ricotta in a food processor until silky smooth. Season with salt to taste.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Garnish with a dollop of ricotta, lemon zest and poppy seeds and pair with a glass of delightfully dry Meiomi Rosé.