Bhel Puri is a chaat and savory snack that is traditionally made with puffed rice, vegetables, sev, chutneys and peanuts. In this case however, I have replaced the puffed rice with the rice krispie cereal for fun and easy crunch.
As you all know Bhel Puri is a chaat and savory snack that is traditionally made with puffed rice, vegetables, sev, chutneys and peanuts. In this case however, I have replaced the puffed rice with the rice krispie cereal. The rice krispie is a breakfast cereal that snaps, crackles and pops. Unlike the puffed rice, this cereal doesn’t turn soggy very fast and I believe that they retain the crunch a few minutes longer. I would also like to warn you that this version of bhel is a tad bit more addictive than the one with puffed rice. I believe that there is 99.9% chance that you will start eating from the ladle itself. But Jokes apart, lets proceed to the recipe. Shall we??
Click HERE for my date and tamarind chutney recipe.
Click HERE for my green chutney recipe.
- Rice Krispie- 2 cups or 240ml, lightly roasted
- Flat papdi- 8-10
- Red Onion- 1medium sized, finely chopped
- Potato- 1 medium sized, boiled, peeled and cubed
- Tomato- 1 large, deseeded and finely chopped
- Roasted peanuts- ¼cup
- Green mango- 1-1/2tbspn- finely grated.
- Black salt or Kaala namak- ½tspn or to taste
- Red chili powder- 1tspn
- Chaat masala- ½tspn
- Date and Tamarind chutney- 2-3tbspn - click the link above for the recipe
- Green chutney- 1tbspn - click the link above for the recipe
- Nylon sev- ⅓ cup
- Coriander leaves- 2tbspn
- Lemon Juice- 1 teaspoon
- In a large bowl, combine the roasted, rice crispies along with the chopped onion, boiled onion, tomato, boiled potatoes, peanuts and grated mango and mix well.
- Add the date tamarind chutney, green chutney, Black salt, red chili powder, and chaat masala and mix.
- Top the mixture with Nylon sev and crushed papdi and toss. Garnish with coriander leaves and lemon juice and serve immediately.