PARTNER POST: We’ve teamed up with Bonne Maman to bring you the best homemade breakfast and brunch recipes to show Mom you care this Mother’s Day and all spring long.
Made with almond flour, lemon juice and sweet strawberry preserves, this easy strawberry skillet cake is perfect for a sweet morning treat or evening dessert.
Today I’ve partnered with Bonne Maman to share a little Mother’s day inspiration Strawberry Breakfast Cake! What mom wouldn’t want their breakfast cake, and eat it too, in bed. A sweet treat for mom this Sunday morning. The nice thing about this recipe is it can also be made with gluten-free flour or whole wheat flour – both turn out lovely. Almond flour gives it a delicious rich density, almost like a torte. Fresh seasonal strawberries are not only pretty, they are sweet and juicy, and full of flavor- but know that other fresh berries will work too. Strawberry preserves are spooned into the middle of the cake before baking.
What I personally like about these preserves and this brand is they are non- GMO verified and use no high fructose corn syrup, no artificial colorings or flavorings. Simple real ingredients. It tastes like real homemade preserves- and it’s packaged in a very cute french style jar. In case you were wondering Mamam means grandmother, or “granny” in french. Good Granny.
When the cake comes out looking all delicious and golden, sprinkle with powdered sugar or drizzle with maple syrup.
Enter to WIN in this Bonne Maman giveaway ever! Click the image below.
For more recipe ideas, check out these fun toasts.
Strawberry Skillet CakeSylvia Fountaine
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup flour try whole wheat or gluten free!
- ½ cup almond meal or flour you can sub regular flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 pinches of salt
- 3 large eggs
- ¼ cup Bonne Mamon Strawberry Preserves
- 1 pint strawberries halved – or sub other fresh berries
- 1 teaspoons Lemon juice
- maple syrup for drizzling- optional
- powdered sugar for sprinkling – optional
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- In a stand mixer or large bowl, cream butter and sugar together until fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, scraping down the bowl, and mix until combined.
- Whisk flours, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl then add it to the batter, until just combined.
- Spoon ½ of the batter into a lightly greased 9 or 10 inch cast-iron skillet.
- Spoon little teaspoons of strawberry preserves ( about a ¼ cup total) over top the first layer of batter. Its need not be perfect.
- Spoon the remaining batter over the preserves. Arrange the strawberries, skin side up, all over the batter, covering it. Sprinkle the top with the lemon juice.
- Bake until cake is golden and puffed, and a toothpick inserted into a center part of the cake comes out free of batter, about 50 -60 minutes. Drizzle with maple syrup and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Caterer and chef of Feast Catering Co., my blog Feasting at Home is where I share wholesome, seasonal recipes we cook at home.