Dessert doesn’t have to be sinful to be delicious. Take Peach Berry Crisp for instance. A simple dessert you can throw together that can satisfy your craving for a oozy-gooey dessert without breaking the calorie bank.
By Carolyng Gomes
The simple act of separately combining the dry ingredients and the fruity ones, and then layering them one on top of the other, results in the wondrous Peach Berry Crisp, that by any other name would still be as delicious.
- 1 cup peaches, frozen
- 1 cup mixed berries, frozen
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp lime juice, fresh
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 tbsp butter, softened
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp whole wheat flour
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a medium sized bowl combine peaches, berries, 1 tsp sugar and lime juice. Stir and let sit for 10 minutes.
- In another bowl combine oats, butter, coconut oil, vanilla, flour and remaining sugar. Break oil and butter apart with your hands and mix ingredients until crumbles form.
- Divide fruit into two 4-inch ramekins.
- Divide crumbles and sprinkle one half over each ramekin.
- Place ramekins on a baking sheet and transfer to oven. Bake for 30 minutes, or until topping is golden brown.
Carolyng loves to eat, loves to cook and loves to eat more. To her a recipe is more a list of suggestions, saving time doesn’t mean sacrificing on flavor and when in doubt, a splash or two (well, a nice pour) of wine never hurts. Welcome to her Cocina Latina, where South American and Latin fusion dishes are always on the menu.