Enjoy this summery and colorful roasted shrimp with orzo recipe, courtesy of Chris Scheuer.
By Chris Scheuer
I love that it is totally make-ahead and can be served at room temperature. My sister served it with roasted asparagus and I usually do too, or it’s great with a green salad.
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- ½ pound orzo pasta
- ¼ cup lemon juice (1-2 lemons)
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ½ cup minced green onions
- ½ cup minced dill
- ½ cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- ½ large hothouse cucumber, medium diced
- ¼ cup red onion small diced
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 400?F.
- Fill a large pot with water, bring to a boil. Add orzo and cook according to the package, stirring occasionally. Strain pasta and pour into a large bowl. Whisk together lemon juice and ¼ cup of olive oil. Pour over the hot pasta and stir well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, place shrimp on a sheet pan, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 5-6 minutes until the shrimp are cooked through, being careful not to overcook.
- Add the shrimp and the green onions, dill, parsley, cucumber and red onion to the orzo and stir well. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add feta and stir carefully. Set aside at room temperature to let the flavors blend. Can be made ahead and placed in refrigerator. Allow to come to room temperature before serving.
Crescentia "Chris" Scheuer is the creator of The Café Sucré Farine food blog, which has been hugely successful since its inception in March 2011. Her recipes are seen on Foodgawker, TasteSpotting, Gourmet Live, Bon Appétit Bloggers, Foodista and other international food sites. Her inspiration for creating new, innovative cuisine comes from an insatiable curiosity, a love of travel and family connections in the UK. She has taught cooking classes in Raleigh, NC, USA.