The dog days of summer call for light, refreshing fare that’s cool, quick, and simple to prepare.
By Colleen Hill
This salad is dressed with a simple squeeze of lemon and a handful of fresh chopped herbs, so it’s a killer side dish, but can also shine by itself as a light lunch or dinner.
- 1 16oz can of organic, unsalted garbanzo beans (drained & rinsed)
- 1 cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1 generous handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons of fresh mint, chopped
- 2-3 tablespoons of plain, greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon of dijon mustard
- juice of 1 small lemon
- pinch of sea salt
- pinch of fresh ground black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and toss gently
- Refrigerate before serving…and enjoy!