Drizzled with a garlic and parsley pesto, these baked sweet potato fries are a delicious winter snack packed with nutrients.
By Megan Hastings
These sweet potato wedges are baked instead of fried making them a great option for when you’re feeling a little indulgent. They are great as a side with your meal or as a snack!
The potatoes aren’t exactly crispy but they’re perfectly roasted so you get a little bit of a crispy exterior with a soft, tender inside. I love the garlicky parsley pesto that is drizzled on top too! I make a lot of pesto and I always make it with what I have on hand. Today, it was parsley and almonds. But, whatever you have works! Kale and Walnuts.. Basil and Pine Nut.. Cilantro and Pistachio.. the sky is the limit! Any way you make it, pesto takes these baked sweet potato wedges to a whole ‘nother level!
- 2 sweet potatoes (rinsed), skin on and cut into wedges
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 cup parsley
- ½ cup almonds
- ¾ cup olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a bowl, toss together potato wedges, oil, salt, pepper and paprika until completely covered.
- Place potato wedges on a baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for 25-35 minutes, until potatoes are slightly crispy on the outside and lightly browned.
- In the meantime, to make the pesto, combine parsley, almonds, garlic, and salt in a food processor and pulse until combined. Then stream in the oil until you reach a thin consistency.
- Drizzle the pesto over the potato wedges before serving.