Does it seem rare that you would describe tofu as mouth-watering? Make this recipe and you will understand why we are in love with this method that imparts so much flavor into the neutral food.
I’ve heard many people say that tofu is tasteless. On its own, tofu can look and taste fairly bland. Because it is blank, you can then create all sorts of taste and texture out if it. Similar to pasta, it is extremely versatile and has a remarkable ability to absorb the flavors of other ingredients it is cooked with.
Tofu is a great source of plant-based protein, which means that it is an ideal food for vegans and for people who are intolerant of dairy products.
Healthy food doesn’t have to be boring. These delicious braised tofu is infused with flavor from sesame oil, oyster source, wine and honey, served with fresh herbs and roasted peanut powder.
- 500g fried tofu
- half cup of white wine or rice wine
- 2 cups of water
- 2 tablespoon of soy source
- 2 tablespoon of oyster source
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 3 tablespoon of roasted peanut powder
- 1 tablespoon of coriander or herbs you like
- In a saucepan over medium-low heat, add fried tofu, sesame oil, soy source, oyster source, wine,honey and water, mix well and simmer for half an hour
- Turn the stove to high heat and reduce the sauce to about half cup of thick liquid
- Serve with roasted peanut powder and coriander