This quick Thai Tofu Fried Rice is a hearty, delicious and flavorful recipe with a mix of fresh vegetables and simple Thai spices.
So, my favorite solution to any hunger pangs that needs to include healthy ingredients is a light stir fry and this Quick Thai Tofu Fried Rice fits the bill.
As easy as it sounds, it’s equally easy to make and extremely flavorful.
*** Since I wanted to keep it LIGHT & VEGETARIAN ***
I’m NOT using Fish Sauce or Oyster Sauce (as used in traditional Thai recipes).
Always use cooked cold rice for any Stir-Fry as it helps keeps the rice texture and breaks less.
Once the ingredients are ready, you simply start by stir-frying the vegetables first.
Then follow the rest of the instructions below to achieve a Restaurant Style – Quick Thai Tofu Fried Rice.
This makes for a perfect lunch/dinner or meal prep recipe too and you can keep them in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Remember to add some fresh chopped scallions and sesame seeds on top for that extra flavors.
Tofu Fried RiceMolly Kumar
- 1 Block Extra Firm Tofu - chopped into bite size
- 3 Cups Jasmine Rice - cooked and cold
- 3 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1/2 Cup Carrot - chopped into bite size
- 1/4 Cup Frozen Peas - thawed
- 1 Medium Zucchini - chopped into bite size
- 1 Cup Broccoli - chopped into bite size
- 1/4 Cup Bell Peppers - chopped into bite size
- 2 Tbsp Roasted Peanuts - optional
- 1 Egg - optional
- 2 Tbsp Thai Paste - store-bought or homemade
- 1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Seed
- 1 Tsp Ginger-Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Chopped Scallions
- Sesame Seed
- Heat a large pan and add 2tbsp sesame oil.
- Add tofu, paprika and stir fry for two minutes or till lightly cooked.
- Transfer the cooked tofu to a bowl and keep aside.
- Add carrots, peas, broccoli and stir fry for a minute on medium high.
- Add zucchini, peppers and stir fry.
- Now add the sauce ingredients and saute everything together (medium heat).
- Finally add cooked tofu, rice and stir fry everything together.
- ** (If using an egg)**
- Make some space in the pan and add the egg.
- Scramble and cook the egg for a minute.
- Now stir-fry everything to mix egg with veggies, rice and tofu.
- Give it a last stir and turn off the heat.
- Transfer to serving dish and top with chopped scallion and sesame seed
- Serve Hot.
I’m a Food Blogger who’s extensively travelled the World to learn about new cuisines/culture/spices. My recipes are light, easy to cook and filled with flavours. I can help you make everyday meal look gourmet and in the budget.