Simple and natural ingredients for delicious mini cakes that smell of honey and raspberries. A delicious recipe with the delicacy of olive oil, ideal for breakfast or tea time, to be served freshly baked.
By Veronica Lavenia
Simple and natural ingredients for delicious mini cakes that smell of honey and raspberries. A greedy recipe with the delicacy of olive oil, ideal for breakfast or tea time, to be served freshly baked.
- 1 organic egg
- 125 ml (4 fl oz- ½ cup) milk (or rice milk)
- 80 ml (2 ½ fl oz) mild extra virgin olive oil (or 100 ml cold-pressed sunflower oil)
- salt to taste
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 250 g (9 oz) brown rice flour
- 80 g (2 ¾ oz) buckwheat flour
- 2 teaspoons organic baking powder
- 80 g (2 ¾ oz) light brown sugar
- 100 g (3½ oz-½ cup) raspberries
- Beat the egg with milk, oil, salt and honey.
- Add the flours, baking powder, brown sugar and mix quickly.
- Add raspberries (washed and dried).
- Pour the dough into cups and bake at 180°C (350°F/gas 4) for 15 minutes.
Veronica is a born and raised Italian. She inherited her love for travel, passion for cooking and natural, sustainable, healthy slow food from her parents. Her works have appeared in 'Vegetarian Living', 'Veggie Magazine', 'Lifestyle food', 'Australian Good Food & Travel Guide', 'Chickpea' and 'Free from Heaven', among others. She is the author of "Panini: the simple tastes of Italian style bread"; 'The Rustic Italian bakery", "The Vegetarian Italian Kitchen" and "A Modern Italian table", published by New Holland Publishers Australia.