Swirled chocolate raspberry brownies are loaded with a sweet, smooth berry sauce that you will adore.
I’ve been thinking about making these raspberry swirled brownies all week! Never find myself thinking about exercise, that’s for sure.
As much as I like using my favorite Ghirardelli brownie mix, I chose to haul out all the ingredients for homemade, including the raspberry sauce! I even left the Kitchen-Aid stand mixer alone and hand cranked these babies! Nothing makes you appreciate a good kitchen appliance more than going full on manual mode.
The brownie base is really quite simple to make and same goes for the sauce. My only dilemma was to leave the raspberry seeds in or not. I ended up straining them out to get a smoother swirl. You’ll end up with some sauce left over, which you can see in the photos. Once it cools it firms up like jelly. Bonus on toast the next morning!
- ½ cup butter
- 225 grams semi sweet chocolate chips, about 1½ cups
- 3 eggs *see notes
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp baking soda
- ⅛ tsp baking powder
- Click the link above for the recipe.
- Line an 8 inch baking pan with parchment or foil and coat it lightly with cooking spray
- Make the raspberry sauce by combining the berries, sugar and small amount of water in a sauce pan. Stir until combined and saucy then mash the raspberries with a spoon or use an immersion blender. Bring the sauce to a boil for a few minutes then turn the heat off. Strain the seeds and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- In a larger sauce pan, melt the butter and chocolate chips over low heat until completely smooth. Turn the heat off and set aside to cool, place in the fridge to speed this up.
- Whisk the eggs with the sugar and vanilla in a bowl.
- Slowly incorporate the eggs with the cooled chocolate mixture. Tempering the eggs to avoid scrambled bits.
- Add the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda and stir to combine.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish.
- Spoon small amounts of the raspberry sauce over the top and lightly swirl with a knife.
- Bake for 30 minutes
- Cool completely before slicing.