With summer here, Jules Clancy doesn’t want to spend too much time in the kitchen. A quick salad does the trick.
By Jules Clancy
When it comes to speedy Summer suppers, it’s hard to go past raw zucchini and canned lentils. If you haven’t ever tried shaved raw zucchini in salads, be prepared for a real treat. Fresh and crunchy, these little zucchini coins make a wonderful contrast to the soft earthiness of the lentils.
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 can lentils (400g / 14oz), drained
- 1 zucchini, finely sliced into coins
- ½ bunch mint, leaves picked
- 3-4 slices proscuitto, torn, optional
- Combine vinegar with 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil in the bowl. Season with salt & pepper.
- Stir drained lentils into the dressing and then add the zucchini and mint. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
- Divide between two plates and drape prosciutto over artfully, if using.
Jules Clancy is a former Food Scientist turned Author and Simplicity Lover. She only writes recipes with 6-ingredients or less. She lives in Australia blogs about 6-Ingredient Dinners over at Stonesoup.