Sponsored Post – ZENS, a modern teaware and home décor company, combines minimalist, smart design and traditional Asian elements to make beautiful dishware for your holiday entertaining and beyond. PLUS, be sure to enter to win some of their products below.
These Lavender Blackberry Tarts are very easy to make, cute and impressive. Plus, they just so happen to be gluten free. They are perfect for a party or just to enjoy with a cup of coffee or tea.
There really isn’t anything better than a homemade sugar-free dessert, that comes together in 30 minutes and is going to impress your guests. Made with a few ingredients, these Lavender Blackberry Tarts feature a buttery almond flour crust and creamy, mascarpone whipped cream filling, infused with lavender. Topped with fresh blackberries and mint.
These Low-Carb Lavender Blackberry Tarts are a healthier dessert, perfect for entertaining. Holidays are upon us. We all need some simple dessert ideas and inspiration to celebrate and make people around us feel happy and have fun.
WHAT INGREDIENTS YOU NEED TO MAKE THESE LOW-CARB LAVENDER BLACKBERRY TARTS?
For the shells, you are going to need:
coconut flour (optional, but helps make the shells less fragile)
sweetener – I recommend powdered erythritol, I used Swerve Confectioners
Xanthan gum (optional, but helps with binding the gluten-free flours)
CAN YOU MAKE THESE BLACKBERRY TARTS IN ADVANCE?
You can assemble these tarts no more that 1 day in advance, because they will soften and get soggy.
You can bake the shells up to 3 days in advance and keep in the fridge in an air-tight container.
I recommend that you make the whipped mascarpone filling right before assembly.
HOW TO SERVE THESE HEALTHY BLACKBERRY TARTS?
These definitely qualify for a tea dessert. Top with fresh blackberries, some mint and serve on a platter.
Since they are mini treats, I suggest that you serve them on a large tray or a platter.
I would like to share with you about my new set of beautiful plates that I got from ZENS. They are called stone circle plates in black and you can find them on the ZENS website.
These plates fit perfectly with my other stoneware and I’m glad I have them for the holidays.
At ZENS, their mission is to promote healthy lifestyles by creating modern tea ware and home decor that encourages all of us to pause every once in a while and simply enjoy the moment.
You can find dining sets, sake sets and cocktail glasses on their website.
Founded in 2009, ZENS is a home interior lifestyle brand that promotes healthy living by creating contemporary teaware and home decor that encourages us to pause every once in a while and simply enjoy the moment.
Working with designers from all over the world, ZENS has grown to become a leader in home and lifestyle products with offices and outlets in 6 countries.
You can check out the black plates I have here.
Mini Lavender Blackberry TartsLyubomira - Cooking LSL
For the shells:
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp Xanthan gum
- 1/4 cup powdered erythritol I used Swerve
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 6 tbsp melted butter
For the whipped mascarpone cream lavender filling:
- 4 oz mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy cream divided
- 1 tbsp powdered erythritol
- lavender flower
For the shells:
- In a bowl combine coconut flour, almond flour, sweetener, salt, Xanthan gum and butter. Stir to combine.
- Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray (you can use coconut oil spray).
- Press about 1 tbsp of the mixture to the bottom of each muffin tin slot, pressing up towards the walls about 1/4 inch.
- Bake for 5 minutes, then cool for 15 minutes.
For the lavender whipped mascarpone cream filling:
- Heat 1/4 cup of heavy cream, bringing it to a simmer. Add the lavender flowers and cover. Steep for 5-10 minutes, then strain. Chill the heavy cream for 30 minutes.
- Add the remaining heavy cream to the lavender infused one.
- Beat mascarpone with sweetener for 30 seconds on low speed.
- Slowly, while still beating on medium-low, add the heavy cream to the mascarpone. Beat for 1-2 minutes, until it reaches the texture of thick heavy cream. Do not over beat, because the cream mascarpone will separate.
- Very carefully remove each shell from the muffin tin.
- Fill with lavender whipped cream. Top with blackberry. Serve.
Hi, I’m Lyubomira (people call me Mira). I have background in construction engineering and design, but recently discovered my new passion – cooking and food photography.I try to share simple, straightforward recipes, fast to prepare with widely available ingredients.