Make a hearty, cozy dinner in a flash. Check out this easy recipe for Instant Pot Meat Sauce and Pasta that can be accomplished any night of the week.
I have to admit that when I first purchased my Instant Pot, I was not sold. Actually, I was scared. I didn’t want to use it because I thought for sure I would be that person who had dinner explode all over their kitchen and face and it would be a disaster. I’m happy to report that none of that has happened. Not even once. We have grown very close, my Instant Pot and me, and I am not sorry.
One of the reasons I love my IP is because I am not a great planner when it comes to dinner. I’ll think of something in the morning and change my mind over the course of the day, kind of like I did with my college major. And how I change my mind before getting my hair cut. Or ordering food at a restaurant. OK fine every decision I make is like total drawn out misery. FINE. My point is this: I can make something that might otherwise take an hour or more in less time than it takes to boil pasta when I use my IP.
This Instant Pot Pasta with Meat Sauce is one of those meals that is comforting, hearty, and makes perfect leftovers. My 6 year old will eat 2, sometimes 3, bowls of this in one sitting, which is one of the most satisfying things to watch. Start to finish, this recipe takes under 30 minutes and requires only a handful of ingredients that you probably keep in stocked your pantry.
Instant Pot Meat Sauce and PastaRachael White
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons freeze dried shallots or onion optional but adds a nice kick of flavor
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb whole wheat pasta farfalle and rotini
- 26 oz jarred pasta sauce Rao's Homemade is my favorite choice because there is no added sugar!
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- Turn the sauté setting on on your Instant Pot. Add the olive oil and, when heated, add the ground beef, shallots, and a sprinkle of salt. Break up the meat and brown for about 3-4 minutes until no longer pink.
- Add the entire jar of marinara sauce. Fill the jar with water and pour into the instant pot.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce and dried basil to the sauce, followed by the pasta. If the pasta is not almost completely covered, add a touch more water. Add a generous pinch of salt, turn off the sauté setting, and lock the lid in place with vent on seal.
- Press the Manual button on your Instant Pot and set for 10 minutes. When the timer goes off, put on an oven mit and release the valve.
- Remove the lid and taste for seasoning. Add additional salt if desired. Also delicious topped with fresh basil and parmesan cheese.
Rachael writes recipes for foods that are simple, comforting and delicious. Whether you are cooking for your family or having friends over for dinner and drinks, you’ll find recipes here to fit any occasion. From cocktails to appetizers, desserts and entrees, the recipes you will find here incorporate Rachael's desire for Midwestern comfort food, love of International cuisine, and need for dishes that don’t take hours to make.