These soft chewy Kiwi Oatmeal Bars makes a great afternoon snacks.
By Shannon Lim
I made mine gluten free but nobody could tell that they were.
- 450g firm Kiwi – scoop flesh out and cut into quarters
- 70g (1/3 cup) Raw Sugar
- 2 tablespoon Cornstarch
- 250g (2 cups) Flour (I use 150g/1 cup Rice Flour & 120g/1cup Tapioca Flour mix)
- 90g (1 cup) Oats
- 4 tablespoon Ground Hazelnut
- 90g (1/2 cup) Raw Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 170g (3/4 cup) Butter – cut into cubes
- Preheat the oven to 350F/ 180C. Grease a 9 x 9 baking tray.
- Combine kiwi, sugar and cornstarch in a bowl.
- In another big bowl, mix together flour, oats, hazelnut, brown sugar and baking powder. Add in butter, rub with your fingers until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle half the mixture into the pan and pat lightly to pack it a little tight. Top evenly with kiwi mixture. Sprinkle the other half of the oat mixture over the top and pat lightly again.
- Bake until light golden brown on top, about 30 to 40 minutes. Remove from the oven and let it cool before cutting into squares.
Shannon's kitchen is her playground and creative outlet, where she loves to experiment with recipes. As a Malaysian, her food influences are mainly Malay, Chinese and Indian cuisine but her curiousity in other culture lead to cross cultural cooking. On her blog JustAsDelish.com, she pursue her mission in creating healthy and delish food.