These soft chewy Kiwi Oatmeal Bars makes a great afternoon snacks.
By Shannon Lim
I made mine gluten free but nobody could tell that they were.
- 450g firm Kiwi – scoop flesh out and cut into quarters
- 70g (1/3 cup) Raw Sugar
- 2 tablespoon Cornstarch
- 250g (2 cups) Flour (I use 150g/1 cup Rice Flour & 120g/1cup Tapioca Flour mix)
- 90g (1 cup) Oats
- 4 tablespoon Ground Hazelnut
- 90g (1/2 cup) Raw Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 170g (3/4 cup) Butter – cut into cubes
- Preheat the oven to 350F/ 180C. Grease a 9 x 9 baking tray.
- Combine kiwi, sugar and cornstarch in a bowl.
- In another big bowl, mix together flour, oats, hazelnut, brown sugar and baking powder. Add in butter, rub with your fingers until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle half the mixture into the pan and pat lightly to pack it a little tight. Top evenly with kiwi mixture. Sprinkle the other half of the oat mixture over the top and pat lightly again.
- Bake until light golden brown on top, about 30 to 40 minutes. Remove from the oven and let it cool before cutting into squares.