I am absolutely in love with all of their products… Do you remember the vegan and gluten free Tiramisu I prepared with their Ladyfingers?
What I used this time to create this beautiful yet simple spread of gluten free Christmas cookies is their gluten free Honey Grams! Aside from being gluten free, they are also dairy free and vegan, and are suitable for pretty much everyone!
The ingredient list features whole corn meal, which gives a nice “grainy” flavor to these gluten free graham crackers and gives them the nice crumbly texture of a delicious pie crust.
This treat is perfect to be served as a fun Christmas morning breakfast, especially if paired with a colorful matcha latte, which adds some green to this festive recipe and is perfect to dip the cookie and make them melt in your mouth.
…And if you are not a fan of matcha latte (yet) make sure to check out the recipe, as the simple modification I added gives a completely different and better taste!Print
How to Make Simple Gluten Free Christmas Cookies
- Author: Ambra Torelli
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Dessert
For the Cookies:
- 16 Schar Gluten Free Honey Grams
- 30 gr 99% Dark Chocolate
- 30 gr Dairy Free White Chocolate
- 1 handful Red Currants
- 1 spring of fresh Mint Leaves
- 1 tbsp Puffed Millet
For the Matcha Latte:
- 8 gr Matcha Green Tea Powder
- 200 ml full fat Coconut Milk (or 500 ml your favorite plant based milk)
- 300 ml Water (to water down the full fat coconut milk)
- 5 leaves of fresh Basil
- 10 leaves of Mint
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Place your gluten free cookies on a cutting board. Wash the currants and mint leaves and let them dry.
- Warm up a small pan over the stove, keep the burner on the mininum and put in the dark chocolate, moving it around the pan until it’s completely melted.
- Take a teaspoon and drizzle some melted chocolate over your gluten free honeygrams.
- In a clean pan, repeat the same procedure for the white vegan chocolate and drizzle it on the cookies like you see in the photos.
- While the chocolate is still warm, decorate your gluten free Christmas cookies with some red currants, puffed millet and mint leaves. Make sure to place them on top of the melted chocolate so that they stick to it.
- To prepare the Matcha Latte, warm up your dairy free milk, pour it in a high speed blender together with the other ingredients and blend until the leaves are completely dissolved into the liquid.
- Pour your green latte in a cup and start dipping your gluten free Christmas cookies in it! ?
Born and raised in Italy, Ambra is a healthy recipe developer, food and travel writer with a passion for healthy living and wellness. She is the founder of 'Little Bites of Beauty" and the author of the cookbooks "Healthy Italian Desserts Made Simple" and "The AIP Italian Cookbook". She shares her daily food & travel adventures on her Instagram @LittleBitesofBeauty