This is an extremely easy but very tasty goat curry where the meat is cooked to perfection with some basic five spices on slow heat.
By Prerna Singh
Goat Curry with Five Whole Spices
This is an extremely easy but very tasty recipe of goat curry where the meat is cooked to perfection with some basic five spices on slow heat.
Author: Prerna Singh
Recipe Type: Main Course
- 1.5 lbs goat meat (with bone cut into pieces)
- 1.5 cups thinly slices onion (preferably red onion)
- 1 tbsp ginger+garlic paste (preferably fresh other you can use the bottled one)
- 1 cup tomato (one cut into 8)
- 1.5 tbsp coriander powder
- 1.5 tsp whole peppercorn (coarsely crushed)
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 whole black cardamom
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp oil
- Heat oil in a thick bottom pan. Add all the whole spices. Once its fragrant add ginger garlic paste and sliced onion. Cook until the onions begin to get translucent and turn into light golden brown in color.
- Add meat. Cook until meat turn dark in color. Both onion and meat will loose a lot of water but keep stirring occasionally and cook it in medium low flame until meat is half cooked.
- Add salt, coriander powder and tomato. You can also add turmeric is wanted.
- Give everything a nice stir and cover with a lid. Let it simmer for about 25-30 minutes until meat is completely cooked. You can also pressure cook at this point if you want.
- Once the meat is cooked through turn off the heat. This dish is very close to a dry dish so cook off any extra liquid if left in the pan after the meat is cooked.
- Serve with steamed rice, any bread or it even tastes wonderful with couscous or quinoa.