These vegan peanut butter cookies are perfect even for the first time baker.
By Chinmayie Bhat
There really is no 2.5 years old who doesn’t like cookies. Mine too loves them. I thought cookies would be perfect for my first time baker, but I was not going to settle for just any cookie recipe. Being the health nut that I am I decided to try out a Vegan Peanut Butter Cookie. I simply took a basic butter cookie recipe but replaced the butter with half olive oil and half peanut butter. I also used all whole wheat flour instead of white flour. To make the cookie extra soft and crumbly I used a little bit of corn flour and icing sugar in it. Make sure the peanut butter you use is vegan (has no milk solids) or even better, use home made.
Cookies turned out surprisingly good. This recipe is a keeper! I am quite sure I will bake these pretty often from now on.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup icing sugar (reduce if you don’t want your cookies too sweet)
- cup corn flour
- tsp baking powder
- tsp baking soda
- cup olive oil
- cup peanut butter (vegan and creamy)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp water (optional)
- Combine all the dry ingredients and mix well. In a separate bowl combine oil, peanut butter and vanilla and stir everything together. Add the wet to the dry ingredients and mix. The mixture will be quite hard. Use your hand to make hard dough. Try not to use extra water but if it’s not coming together add 1 or 2 tbsp of water. Cover and keep aside for 5-10 minutes.
- Pre heat the oven at 180 degree C.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Take the hard cookie dough and make small cookies with your hands. Place them on the try with a little gap in between. Bake them for not more than 10 minutes. as soon as the cracks begin to appear take them out of the oven. Cookies will look too soft and brittle but let them cool completely. They will harden as they cool down. If you over bake them the base will brown too much and cookies will not melt it your mouth.