A smooth, savory hummus receives a creamy and slight sweet addition of sweet potatoes with beautiful color. Enjoy as an easy and nutritious snack.
By Amy Dong
This Sweet Potato Hummus is super easy and healthy! It’s perfect for parties or delicious guilt-free snacking.
Sweet potatoes are boss. They’re the super tuber, y’all. They’re loaded with beta carotene, vitamins (like A, B, and C!) They’re full of healthful minerals and is on EWG’s clean 15 list. All the good stuff.
This might just be the easiest and most delish way to serve up plenty of sweet potatoes. It’s both a crowd pleaser at parties and a satisfying snack at home. Even The Littles devour this healthy dip with crispy pita chips. Way better than random snacking.
The flavors of this hummus meld together into perfection, bite after bite. It’s sweet, savory, smooth, and creamy. Without any cream.
- 3 medium sweet potatoes
- ½ cup pure tahini (sesame paste)
- 5 TB freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 TB extra virgin olive oil, plus more as needed
- 1 tsp kosher salt, plus more to taste
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Optional: sesame seeds for garnish
- Do ahead: Preheat oven or toaster oven to 400F. Wrap sweet potatoes tightly in foil. Roast potatoes 1 to 1.5 hours, until easily pierced with fork. Carefully unwrap and allow to cool completely.
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients. Process until hummus is smooth and creamy. If it's too thick, add more olive oil to reach desired consistency. Add additional kosher salt and black pepper to taste. Transfer hummus to serving bowl and garnish with sesame seeds, if desired. Serve with pita chips, crackers, toasted baguette slices, or tortilla chips. Hummus keeps well in fridge, wrapped airtight, for up to a week.