Let dinner be easy tonight with this one-pan chicken and potatoes baked with bacon and served with an herb sauce.
We all know that when it comes to dinner time, fuss-free is the way to go. When you are out to save some time and energy, nothing else beats an all-in-one-supper like this Chicken, Bacon and Potato Tray Bake.
Add this easy dinner recipe to your repertoire and you might just be scoring brownie points from the family AND you can just chill for a bit with a glass of wine…
The great thing about this easy chicken tray bake is that it combines a simple, balanced meal with chicken thighs, bacon, baby potatoes, vine tomatoes and a very flavorful herb sauce. Because really, none of us has the muster to cook a meal that takes up all of your time (and most of your pans).
I used a store bought spice mix for my chicken and I loved the smoky bacon that literally crisps up in the oven for that crunch effect. Baby potatoes are perfect for tray bakes, as they don’t take up too much space and cooks pretty quick – smash them and top them with spoonfuls of herby sauce for a flavor explosion.
Easy One-Pan Chicken and Potatoes with Herb SauceAnina Meyer
Chicken tray bake
- 4 or 6 chicken thighs
- 10 ml chicken spice rub
- 400 gr baby potatoes
- 125 gr streaky bacon
- 30 ml olive oil to drizzle
- salt and black pepper to season
- 300 gr vine tomatoes
- Click the link above for the herb sauce recipe.
- Rub the chicken thighs with spice rub and arrange in an oven safe baking tray.
- Place the baby potatoes and streaky bacon in between the chicken thighs.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season. Bake at a pre heated oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 30 min, covered with foil.
- After 30 minutes baking time, remove the foil and allow to bake uncovered for a further 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place the vine tomatoes in the tray. Bake for the last 15 minutes, until the tomatoes are blistered and roasted.
- Prepare the herb sauce my chopping the herbs extra fine, and combining it with the olive oil and lemon zest.
- Serve the herb sauce with the tray bake, for a quick dinner idea.
Having a dynamic, free and crazy personality, this shows in my cooking. I love sharing whole food recipes, honest food with easy accessible ingredients and mouthwatering photos. I am a recipe developer, food stylist and food photographer and owner of Aninas-recipes.com, my personal food and recipe portal.