A soft chocolate cake is layered and coated with buttery chocolate frosting and drenched in white chocolate for a rich taste and look.
By Anina Meyer
A delicious, plain and easy chocolate cake recipe with drool worthy chocolate butter icing and melted white chocolate.
I can guarantee, if you try this recipe, it will be the only chocolate cake recipe you will ever need.
This delicious chocolate cake is moist and fluffy on the inside, and has a great chocolaty taste. It is always good to use good quality cocoa powder, the darker the better….
It mixes well, rises beautifully and stays fresh for up to 5 days, yep, keep it airtight and you’ll have cake for days.
I decided to give my Chocolate Cake a brand new cloak by covering it with melted white chocolate – a total must if you really need to indulge. And we ALL need to indulge during the holidays.
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons good quality cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup hot water
- ½ cup cooking oil
- 4 eggs, separated
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 3 cups icing sugar
- 4 tablespoons softened butter
- 5ml vanilla essence
- 3 tablespoons good quality cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3 x 80 gr white chocolate slabs
- In a large mixing bowl mix the flour, sugar, cocoa powder and salt.
- Add the oil and hot water - mix.
- Add the vanilla essence and baking powder - mix.
- Add 4 egg yolks and mix again.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk the egg whites until soft peaks forms.
- TIP: I always a teaspoon of baking powder to the egg white before I start beating them, it really just ensures that extra fluff when your cake hits the oven.
- Fold the egg whites into the batter.
- Divide batter into two cake pans and bake for 20 minutes at 200 degrees Celsius. (392F)
- Turn over on a cooling tray and let cool.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the icing sugar, butter, vanilla and cocoa powder with an electric hand mixer. Add the milk little by little until you have the desired thickness.
- Cut each layer into half and spread dark chocolate frosting in between the layers, stacking as you go.
- Top cake with another layer of frosting, and add melted white chocolate.
Having a dynamic, free and crazy personality, this shows in my cooking. I love sharing whole food recipes, honest food with easy accessible ingredients and mouthwatering photos. I am a recipe developer, food stylist and food photographer and owner of Aninas-recipes.com, my personal food and recipe portal.