Baked potatoes drizzled with olive oil and dunked into a creamy garlic and avocado sauce.
By Anja & Sandra Dear
These potatoes are the best, not to mention very easy to make. Make them as a side or a delicious appetizer or snack.
The recipe is adapted from Oh She Glows, and she really knows what she is doing.
Want more potatoes? Try these rosemary baked potatoes.
- 8 medium young potatoes (2 per person)
- coarse salt
- freshly ground pepper
- garlic powder
- olive oil
- fresh parsley
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 cloves of garlic
- juice of ½ lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Wash the potatoes and boil them for 20 - 30 minutes (depends how big they are).
- Drain them and place them on baking sheet. Crush the potatoes with a spatula or a glass. Now sprinkle them with salt, pepper and garlic, and pour over some olive oil. I used about teaspoon for each potato.
- Bake for 20 - 30 minutes, until crispy and golden brown. Serve sprinkled with some fresh parsley.
- Peel and pitt the avocado, and blend it in a food processor. Add the garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper, and blend until creamy.
- Now add the oil and mix slowly, just to combine all ingredients.
Two vegan sisters with a passion for food and photography.